Wednesday 27 August 2014

Great Man!13-Year-Old Climbs Mountain To Raise N9.1m For Disabled Children

Kenya — A 13-year-old pupil, Ron Mwangi, has climbed through ice and snow to the peak of Mt. Kenya to raise money for children with disabilities.
All Africa reports that Mwangi, a student at  Christian Faith Academy in Nyeri town, Kenya, was first to arrive at the Lenana peak of the mountain which is 4,985 metres above sea level.
The teenager's feats have yielded 5 million Kenyan shillings (N9143939).
"I felt like I was on top of the world when I finally made it to the top. Finally, my mission was achieved," Mwangi reportedly said.
"Despite the snow, ice, bad terrain and bad weather, I finally made it to the top and returned freezing.
"My parents were very surprised that I made it."
All Africa reports that the teenager was part of a team of 16 volunteers from the Metropolitan Smile Dispatch team who climbed the mountain to raise money for disabled  children being cared for by Metropolitan Children's Home.


No comments: